The Park Board meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Chesterton Town Hall located at 790 Broadway.
The Park Board consists of 4 members appointed by the Town Council. The members shall be appointed on the basis of their interest in and knowledge of parks and recreation. Current members are:
- Paul Shinn, President (term expires 12/31/2026)
- Bob Cohn, Vice President (term expires 12/31/2024)
- Bruce Mathias, Secretary (term expires (12/31/2025)
- Wendy Marciniak, Member (term expires 12/31/2023)
- Jennifer Fisher, Town Council Liaison
The Park Board shall be composed of four (4) members as follows:
- The four (4) members shall be appointed by the Town Council as the town legislative body;
- Members shall be appointed on the basis of their interest in and knowledge of parks and recreation;
- No more than two (2) members shall be of the same political party;
- Members of the Board must be residents of the Town of Chesterton
Additionally, in the discretion of the Town Council, the Board may have one (1) or two (2) additional members, those being:
- A member of the governing body of the Duneland School Corporation, serving ex officio, selected by that body; or
- An individual who resides in the Duneland School Corporation, selected by that body;
- A member of the governing body of the library district, serving ex officio, selected by that body.
The terms shall be as follows:
- Each member's term is for four (4) years. If a vacancy occurs on the Board, the appointing authority shall appoint a person to serve for the remainder of the unexpired term.